I have purchased the LG front load washing machine after lots of research. Lg is a good brand in all. And the front load washing machine uses less water, less energy and gives more quality clean to your clothes.
I was not using the washing machine daily as per my requirements. So I forgot to clean it regularly . and after a few months, I found dirt at the gasket and bad smell in the clothes too. Then I realized that I forgot and followed steps below to clean my LG front load washing machine.
Before you learn how to clean LG washing machine. Power of the machine and unplug it from socket.
- Clean the detergent dispenser
- To clean it, First, you have to remove the dispenser by pressing the middle depressed tab between the bleach and softener compartment. While pressing it also pulls the tray outside.
- Now clean and wash the tray with brush and water. also, clean the interior part of the tray.
- Also, clean the dispenser housing from inside while the tray is outside.
- After you have cleaned dispenser and housing. Put the tray back into the washer.
- Clean the Drain pump.
- The drain pump is located at the left bottom panel of the machine. You have to open it.
- You can see two-part there 1)The Drain hose and 2) The Drain filter. Put a vessel and remove the cap of drain hose/pipe to drain the water. You will see dirty water comes outside and also bad smell from water. Now put it back in its place after capping it.
- Now Twist the water filter anti-clockwise to remove it.
- Clean the pump filter with brush and water softly. Also, clean the housing of filter with a brush or with clothes.
- Now return drain pump back with complete tightness into the washing machine.
2. You can see two-part there 1)The Drain hose and 2) The Drain filter. Put a vessel and remove the cap of drain hose/pipe to drain the water. You will see dirty water comes outside and also bad smell from water. Now put it back in its place after capping it.
Water comes inside the washing machine might be hard or comes with dust. So possible that your water’s inlet filters can be clogged. And the 4c- error message will be displayed.
- Clean the Inlet Filters.
The first step to clean the inlet filters is to turn off the water tap. Then disconnect the inlet hose and some water come outside. So put a bucket to collect it.
- Pull out the inlet filter with some grabbing tool from inlet valves.
Rinse the filter thoroughly with warm water until all sign of build-up gone.
Now put the filters back to inlet valves and connect the water pipes.